Friday, April 10, 2009

Shut Up and Write

Shut Up and Sing?  Shut Up and Write.



How very Christian...
How very American...
Music City needs to formally apologize for "banning" the Dixie Chicks.

The CMAs just donated $1 million to MNPS to keep music and
the arts in OUR public schools. We need to teach our children freedom, not
fear.

We need a chorus of voices in order to be free.



"To tolerate that which we love, we also must tolerate that which we hate." (quote & author TBN... it's been a long year!)

Girls, will you please come visit our city? Both democracy and the American Education system were designed to allow for diverse opinions to inform and prepare all Americans to be good the citizens.



All the newspapers are gone or going... the least we can do is entertain other methods of new media. Let's build our programs in cultural and media literacy. People told me it was a dumb major when I chose it in the early '90's. I respectfully disagree regarding the value of the research. I might agree when I look at the negative balance in my bank account.



I'm mad as hell, and not ready to make nice!
"Shut Up & Write"
(Media non-professional for hire: Cheap OBO!)

Forgive, sounds good Forget, I'm not sure I could They say time heals everything But I'm still waiting
I'm through with doubt There's nothing left for me to figure out I've paid a price And I'll keep paying
I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could ‘Cause I'm mad as hell, can't bring myself To do what it is you think I should
I know you said “Can't you just get over it?” It turned my whole world around And I kinda like it
I made my bed and I sleep like a baby With no regrets and I don't mind sayin' It's a sad, sad story when a mother will teach her Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said Send somebody so over the edge That they'd write me a letter sayin' that I better Shut up and sing or my life will be over
I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could ‘Cause I'm mad as hell, can't bring myself To do what it is you think I should
I'm not ready to make nice I'm not ready to back down I'm still mad as hell and I don't have time To go round and round and round
It's too late to make it right I probably wouldn't if I could ‘Cause I'm mad as hell, can't bring myself To do what it is you think I should What it is you think I should
Forgive, sounds good Forget, I'm not sure I could They say time heals everything But I'm still waiting

Updated 4/22/2013 

2 comments: